Grow in Downtown Wallingford!
- Authentic, old-line central shopping district; the true heart of the community.
- Friendly, helpful merchants who welcome and support new businesses.
- Electric Rate Discount Program for new businesses that occupy vacant space in downtown Wallingford.
- Plenty of free on and off street parking.
- The Wallingford Garden Club maintains 2 beautiful gardens at the corner of Rt. 5 / Center St.
- Free consultation on facade improvement by architect Steve Lazarus.
- Brick-lined sidewalks, ornamental trees, benches, flags, banners and holiday adornments beautify the streetscape.
- 26 restaurants/eateries within walking distance in the downtown district.
- Lovely residential areas surround downtown.
- Choate Rosemary Hall is also within walking distance.
- There are antique shops & home decor shops in Wallingford's center that attract shoppers.
- Banks, the Post Office, the Wallingford Public Library, Town Hall, medical and dental offices, law offices and more make the downtown district a premere destination.
- A brochure of all downtown businesses is printed yearly, and distributed regionally.
- A welcome to new businesses ad is placed free of charge in local newspapers.
- Cooperative ads placed for a nominal fee.
- Merchant's workshops held throughout the year focused on financing, marketing and design, and featuring speakers from SCORE as well as state and local agencies.
- The Mayor and the Town Council enthusiastically support the revitalization of the downtown area.